(español) Politics should be the art of the possible. I’d work with all the reasonable, honest people in Congress I could find (stop laughing, there have to be a few) just like I’ve done elsewhere, using the same methods.
First, we need to consider framing the things everyone can agree on.
- Many cannot afford healthcare or healthcare insurance
- even healthy people like me pay more than 10% of income into health insurance today
- Many health issues are preventable – with care or with lifestyle changes
- Core health services can include
- treatment/prevention of contagious diseases
- treatment/prevention of heart attack, stroke, cancer and other potentially fatal conditions
- treatment/support of accidental injury
- health counseling based on statistical data (delivered mainly online? some already in place, e.g. CDC)
- prenatal care for mothers, care for children from conception to transition to adult care
- support for the special needs of the disabled, the elderly
- other services we can determine in the services design process
What else can we all agree on? What are your concerns with this approach? I’ll update this solution as I hear from you. I believe we can do this together.
Please text or e-mail me your thoughts on this, contact me here.